Hit the road, one chapter at a time

Hit the road, one chapter at a time

Sunday, December 18, 2011

30 Days, 30 1st Pages

I'd like to announce an experiment. For the next 30 days, I'm going to post the first page of a new story. Every day the start to a fresh tale. The exercise is called a "writing prompt"; I picked it up from the folks at the podcast Writing Excuses.
The idea is to write daily, exercising the writing muscles. At the same time, writing about unfamiliar topics outside my comfort zone stretches my abilities. We'll see if I'm up to it. And who knows? Maybe there'll be an idea good enough to use for a longer project. Without further ado, up next is the first entry titled "The Black Pool".

2 comments:

  1. Awesome away to spur the imagination and get creative, Rob. We give our kids writing prompt for that reason but for whatever reason, skip ourselves. Looking forward to your writings. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paul! I hope I have enough gas in the tank to get through 30 days. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete